How to Treat Insomnia Naturally – Useful Tips
This article is about How to Treat Insomnia Naturally. Insomnia has emerged as one of the largest health issues across the world. Millions of people are suffering from this health condition. As per one survey, one out of every 5 persons is facing a sleeping disorder. The sleeping disorder becomes worse as we age. You can witness sleeping issues in every group of age. Many teens and elder and even children are suffering from insomnia. So, if you develop a good sleep habit is younger age it will pay you back in the elder age.
Usually, people think insomnia is the absence of sleep while the truth is different. Infect insomnia refers to a sleeping disorder which may include the following conditions,
- Falling asleep with difficulty
- Middle night awakening
- Early morning awakening
- Sleep devoid of rest
You may witness many people saying that “I only need 6 hours sleep”. This is something negative and people express it in a heroic attitude. However, for an adult, it is necessary to take 7 to 9 hours of good sleep. If you do not take this time of sleep you may have,
- Daytime sleepiness
- Weight gain
- Weak immune system
- Blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Chronic pains
- Mental Illness
- Reduction in focus concentration
How to Treat Insomnia Naturally?
There are a large number of medicines available in the market to cure insomnia. However, you can use some of the natural products to treat a sleeping disorder.
Sleep hygiene is a set of habits which can help you to fall asleep easily and enjoy a good sleep. So, you have to develop these habits in order to get the proper sleep.
What You Should Do
- Maintain a regular and fixed sleep routine
- Exercise at least for 30 minutes
- Get natural light exposure throughout the day
- Regular and relaxing bed routine
- Warm bath or shower before going to sleep
- Mindful breathing
- Relaxing exercises like progressive muscle relaxation
- Sleep environment should be pleasant and relaxing
- Do not eat and watch TV on your bed
- Go to bed only when you feel sleepy
- Get out of the bed if you are tossing and turning continuously
- Switch off your mobile phone
What You Should Not Do
- Avoid drinking caffeine afternoon
- Do not take wine with dinner
- Avoid taking stimulants in the night
- Do not eat a heavy meal before sleeping
- Don’t watch TV before going to sleep
- Do not use mobile, laptop and other devices in your bed.